TrophyLite Spec Off-Road
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 01:46:42 AM
News: Regional Series Race #3 - KC HiLites Midnight Special is August 3rd & 4th

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: V2R 2018!!!  (Read 412 times)

Hey Guys, its been insanely busy here at Wild Power Sports, but we are going to be back in  action at V2R!

New Motor, new fuel system, new brake system,... etc.

Who else is planning on racing?  I get a feeling we might have a record turnout for this one!

--John

---------------------------
Trophylite #6013
Dunarri
wildpowersports.com
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Group: Administrator

John,

I am hearing great things as well. I learned today that Jason Crabtree is racing and I talked to Joe Fitos and he is in for renting a truck again while his is being built. Josh of course is in and Travis Williams is hoping to debut his new truck there as well. The Winner's are in, Bragg is in, I know Chris is coming, and I assume Jim Rossi is in. I know Jerry Herlings is in and they might have a second truck there as well. I also know that Larry S. has some unfinished business to attend to and will be there with a tood! (He was running away with that race 2 years ago and lost converter bolts and the race) That is 12 without even trying. We hope that Todd Mozden joins us in his beautiful blue rocket and maybe even the new owners of Spitz's truck will be there even though the summer is tough for them. I know Wyatt is trying to make it from the Great White North and the two Slovic trucks are planning on it as well if they can make it happen.  If those trucks show, we are looking at 17 without breaking a sweat. I think your right John, with some work and a little luck we could do 20 easily.

Kick ass!  The good news for V2R is that for V2R James from Wild Power Sports will be doing an overnight smoke on a Brisket!  It was a big hit at Laughlin, so everyone get ready for some good food.

We are thinking of doing it in the Hotel Parking lot the Day BEFORE contingency, so try to get there early.

--John

---------------------------
Trophylite #6013
Dunarri
wildpowersports.com
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

What are the thoughts on rear starts for v2r? Do you take the luck of the draw or do you try and fight through the dust?

Great question Josh. I guess it depends on your POV and the race. We aren't chasing points for a Championship so we thought we would RS so we don't interfere with the contenders. On the other hand we are still racing and we want to get on the V2R podium. Bottom line V2R is a long race and it's usually a race of attrition, that being said we are going to take our chances on the luck of the draw. 6081 will be there battling for the win! See you guys in Vegas.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:04:40 AM by Smeeze »

Group: Administrator

John,

Here is my take on it....

Josh actually wanted a rear start and I talked him out of it. The main reason is that even though it is 550 miles, it plays much faster and shorter due to the dust, and speed. Because we are a spec class, it is hard to make up time on a high speed track. V2R is a high speed track. Then you throw in the silt and dust and it becomes a fast track that is really hard to pass on. In Baja a RS is the way to go I believe but in Nevada, cross your fingers and hope for a good draw towards the front. Just my opinion.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Web