TrophyLite Spec Off-Road
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 07:37:35 AM
News: Greg Bragg and the 12 grabbs his 5th consecutive podium and first class win! Congrats Greg and the GB Racing Team!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pit Safety  (Read 600 times)

Group: Administrator

Triathlons & TrophyLites
We all see videos on FB or YouTube like this where we all need to be extra sure even when we are in a hurry... Who else can contribute to issues they have experienced where we are "lucky" no one was hurt ...

YouTheory 6100 Pit Incitent
https://youtu.be/qxtBAGKEN6M

Saw that video the other day...gave me chills!!! I was in Pit A and there was another UTV fire from fueling, luckily they had at least 3-4 fire extinguishers and got it out quickly. Guess What I learned was you can never have enough fire extinguishers and no matter what the situation at a race, never climb under a truck up on a jack with the tires off....which I must admit, I am guilty of when in the heat of the moment!

I have the big wheel pro eagle, I love the jack its fantastic but we have caught it a few times rolling on us. the angle is pushing the jack backwards and causing the diff to slide off. We are now making sure the jack is at a sharp angle from the direction of truck, almost perpendicular. The handle gets in the way a bit but better then having it slide off. Not sure if thats what happened here but looks to be the same situation. If pro eagle added a lock to the wheel when the plate is jacked up that would fix the issue. Safety is key no matter what equipment or who is using it.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Web