TrophyLite Spec Off-Road
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 05:04:53 AM
News: Greg Bragg and the 12 grabbs his 5th consecutive podium and first class win! Congrats Greg and the GB Racing Team!

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2018 MINT 400 Aftermath  (Read 1172 times)

Group: Administrator

Triathlons & TrophyLites
What a crazy race! Unofficially from BITD we have:
 1. 6021 - Spitz
 2. 6012 - Bragg
 3. 6067 - C.Winner
 4. 6068 - R.Winner
 5. 6077 - Williams
 6. 6099 - Rossi
 7. 6011 - Crabtree
 8. 6066 - Cobb
 9. 6069 - E.Slavic
10. 6070 - Harvey
11. 6088 - Sorensen
12. 6017 - Arciero
13. 6025 - Contreras
14. 6004 - McMurray
15. 6054 - Edwards
16. 6076 - J.Slavic
17. 6003 - Wardle
18. 6010 - Mozden (not listed in BITD results page)

I would like to hear your stories and experience at the 50th MINT 400.

Congratulations to team Spitz!!  Itís about time!!  You have had everything you need to win and you did it on the biggest stage you could find!  So stoked for you guys!  There is no other team more deserving then yours. 

Bragg your next!  Itís time! 

Congrats the winner brothers for again a solid finish! 

The points are heating up and it looks to be another tight year!! 

Congratulations to Team Spitz! 

That last lap through Spectator 4 was fantastic racing. Spitz and R. Winner were 30 - 45 seconds apart and then seeing Bragg and C. Winner coming HARD from 5 to 7 minutes back was awesome. My wife and I watched the race this year from Spectator 4 and it was so cool to see the TL's bombing through that downhill section of whoops.

Stoked to see such great action from our class and to hear later that Spitz had won the Mint 400!!

Special shout out to the orange and white TL that looked pretty beat up but was still headed to the finish line well after the 2nd race had started! Serious determination to bring home a finish.

The 2018 season is shaping up to have multiple teams battle for the win every single race!

Congratulations to all the teams who finished and I can't wait for Silver State!!

Congrats to the winners and finishers. It was a fun week for sure. We rolled at rm 41 and the bitd crew were extremely late getting to us (45min) all the tranny fluid leaked out by then. after they got us back on our rubber we checked everything out, filled up the tranny with the 3 quarts we had but wasnít enough to get in gear. Got towed back to A pit where we got more fluid, started her up and discovered a broken fitting on the trans cooler. By the time that was fixed they were Grand Prix the finishers and turning people around on course ??????
I listened to bitd the rest of the day on radio and can without a doubt say they were completely understaffed and overwhelmed on this race. Carnage was at a all time high which didnít help. There was a lot of confusion on the course when the 2nd stage started and Iím sure they will be dealing with timing issues for days to come. 
I havenít been racing a long time but I really am not a fan of the Grand Prix finish, especially when the 10 cars are finishing in faster times then must TT.  I want to race our group, but it seems like we are allracing  just trying to get a 3rd lap in before Grand Prix. This is causing to many issues. Why do they have it set up like that? Safety? Then push the 2nd stage back an hour or two. We all pay big hard earned money to race. Sorry had to vent my .02

Congrats to Craig and the entire Spitz family and team! You guys are class acts and stoked for you guys! Nice to see a family home prepped team bring home the W!

TTM I agree with you on the grand prix finish although I do like the safety side of it, it's not fun having a tt come up on you in single track, hell it isn't fun any time lol.  Inregards to staff for bitd, most if not all I believe are volunteer so we are pretty lucky to have as many as we do lol.
Good luck the rest of the season.
Brandon Arciero

Congrats to the winners and finishers. It was a fun week for sure. We rolled at rm 41 and the bitd crew were extremely late getting to us (45min) all the tranny fluid leaked out by then. after they got us back on our rubber we checked everything out, filled up the tranny with the 3 quarts we had but wasnít enough to get in gear. Got towed back to A pit where we got more fluid, started her up and discovered a broken fitting on the trans cooler. By the time that was fixed they were Grand Prix the finishers and turning people around on course ??????
I listened to bitd the rest of the day on radio and can without a doubt say they were completely understaffed and overwhelmed on this race. Carnage was at a all time high which didnít help. There was a lot of confusion on the course when the 2nd stage started and Iím sure they will be dealing with timing issues for days to come. 
I havenít been racing a long time but I really am not a fan of the Grand Prix finish, especially when the 10 cars are finishing in faster times then must TT.  I want to race our group, but it seems like we are allracing  just trying to get a 3rd lap in before Grand Prix. This is causing to many issues. Why do they have it set up like that? Safety? Then push the 2nd stage back an hour or two. We all pay big hard earned money to race. Sorry had to vent my .02

I Totally agree with your frustration of the Grand Prix finish. I used to argue with Casey until I hand to hang up the phone on him about this a number of times. I get a having a cut off time for the first group or even a Grand Prix finish but make the Grand Prix finish start with the last class off the line not the 1st finisher. Better yet, figure out what an average speed should be and make that the Grand Prix finish time. It would be best for all the limited class guys to email a letter to DONALD to bitd@bitd.com about the frustrations with this and how unfair it is for the amount of entry fee's you pay.

The other thing I heard and we noticed on the tracker was they pulled a few TLs and a number of UTVs off at Pit A and diverted them to Pit B and put them right in between our class leader and 2nd place cutting off 40 plus miles so they could get the 2nd race started. That was a bad decision and made for a confusion who the the real Winner was ( pun intended ) and could have played a major factor in the finishing order of the top 5.

I heard both good and bad things about this race but one thing you guys should be proud of is the air time you got on the live feed. Good racing battles going on for many positions all day.

Congratulations to Team Spitz, Craig , Jacob, Nick and team have worked so hard and been so close to a win many times, I am glad they won the Mint 400 with the most TL entries (18) Wow!

Brandon A, don't give up your day is coming. You were charging hard and are a factor to contend with each race. Go sell lemonade, take on a driving partner, find a sponsor, mow lawns do something to earn some money rather then sell your truck.

I'm so excited for Craig and his team! Knowing they pulled off a win made my day. We had a decent run going on for the first two laps, but put the truck on it's side at the end of lap 2. Lost enough tranny fluid through the vent that the truck wouldn't move on, then we thought we timed out-but didn't. Not sure which team helped us out at Main (can't thank you enough), but we got let loose for lap 3, looking bad-but running pretty good. The guys hit a rock and took out the rear yoke and U-joint around RM9 on lap 3. The truck was partially on track and the big boys were out to race, so they had to waive off the monsters until it was safe to make the repair. Lap 3 was tense to say the least, more survival going on than racing. I know we timed out on a true "Finish", but I could not be more proud of my group of friends and teammates for going for it! I had a blast, wouldn't do it any different. Love this class! Congrats to all you guys, hope to see you again soon.

Congrats to the Spitz family on the win, had to be a special moment for Craig to get this win with his son! Also congrats to Bragg on the 2nd place! I have some cool video footage from Pit A that I'll post up.......of you guys stacked up coming through the pits. It was cool to watch the close racing going on!!

Anyone seen the purse pay schedule? What are we racing for?  Nothing on website.

I know this might be a long shot but I'm going to try anyway.

I'm trying to find the person who has this original picture.  The young lady who drew this picture for Bailey was at the @mint400 during contingency and was trying to give it to Bailey. She gave it to a lady that was wearing a trophy lite t-shirt. (I know alot of people have  these tees) somehow it was said Bailey was driving her car the #4405 and Bailey worked for her.  This could all be a mistake but I would really like to get the original drawing.  Please share this post, I would really appreciate it.
Tammy

Although i wasnt there for the race (Had to get back to Denver for work), I had a great time.  So many of you guys have helped me and my team with getting the truck issues worked out...thanks to everyone!  New motor going in this weekend, then on to the fuel system.

I can just picture Craig there at the finish...holding a beer saying "no big deal".  Dude, you kicked ass!  Awesome!

6013 will be at Silver State most likely, but defiantly the Mint!

--John

---------------------------
Trophylite #6013
Dunarri
wildpowersports.com
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Triathlons & TrophyLites
A little love from the MINT 400 live crew and Ricky Johnson

https://youtu.be/YprwR6Q4aS0?t=33m30s

Thanks guys! We are super happy to have this race in the books for Spitz Motorsports and a win Is crazy. As a lot of you know we have been trying to get a win for a long time and to get it a the 50th Mint 400 has been awesome! I canít thank everyone enough for pushing for us and we are looking forward to the SilverState 300 next, also I decided to throw the utv racing in the mix in the WORCS series like I wasnít busy enough lol.

Guys,

I have talked to Donald (BITD) at length about the Gran Prix finish in regards to Parker and the Mint and he has agreed to discontinue the Grand Prix finish. He admits that we did not have enough time to complete the course and they will give us more time in the future and start the big guys later. He will also give us a cut off time instead of ending our day when the first car finishes. Next years Mint will be a two day race so it won't be an issue anyways and the Mint was our last GP race of the year (Laughlin not withstanding) so lets get back to true desert racing!

Great job to all and thank you for supporting the series.

Jason

That is huge Jason !! , great job on getting that changed I fought with Casey over this and its great to know that Donald see's our side and is willing to make some changes for our class. We are all out there paying the same amount and deserve to complete the miles if we have a small problem on course.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Web