TrophyLite Spec Off-Road
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 03:50:43 PM
News: Greg Bragg and the 12 grabbs his 5th consecutive podium and first class win! Congrats Greg and the GB Racing Team!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vapor Lock SOLVED....my EXACT setup here  (Read 1445 times)

We struggled with vapor lock, or whatever it is that causes that issue we have all had.  Thanks to Louis and everyone on here, i built my fuel system and have finally no issues.  It was quite a bit of work and I feel like I should own stock in an AN fitting company with all the fittings I bought.  Here is the exact setup, once and for all...in one place for anyone that has issues....we know this works!

Fuel: 50/50 AV Gas and 91 ethanol free.  I never listened before, and tried to run pure 91.  Don't do it.  Run AV or Race fuel at a 50/50 ratio.

Fuel Lines:  Stainless braided, covered with fire shield.  Lines DO NOT go through the tunnel....this is key.

Fuel pressure regulator:  Mounted on the REAR of the truck. (NOT UNDER THE HOOD).

In Tank pickup, 2 separate holly hydromats (Cheapest ones.....they are small).

Drilled 2 holes low in the side of the tank, used -10 bulkhead fittings and those washers with built in O ring to seal them on both sides.

From the tank each of the lines goes:

Bulkhead:   10AN
                  10AN  63 micron stainless filter:  AFCO Racing Inline Fuel Filters 84020-10
                  10AN   Bosch 044 pump with check valve (Call highflowfuel.com)  Exit of pump has 6AN.

At this point the 2 lines go into a peterson fluid system "Y" 6AN.  Its $120, but its the only "Y" that the lines come out straight, rather than angled.

Single line of the Y goes into a 10 micron Allstar Performance Inline Aluminum Fuel Filters ALL40216 (Its AN8, so you will need to drop it to 6AN on both sides)

From this point its 6AN.

This then goes into the regulator.

From the regulator its simply 6AN to the fuel rail.  Fuel rail returns back to the regulator and the regulator return goes back to the tank.  All 6AN.

I hope this post helps other wish issues!  Now that its all in one post, in one place, and we know this works.....

--John

---------------------------
Trophylite #6013
Dunarri
wildpowersports.com
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Group: Administrator

Triathlons & TrophyLites
Thanks for sharing John and congrats at v2r!

Thanks Gene and everyone thats helped with all the advice and calls!

We took it pretty easy at V2R.....took a 10 min break at Pit 3, had slow pits, my getting sick and yacking at pit 7....

Without that I think we would have shaved about 1+ hour off our finish time....so we are looking good!

--John

---------------------------
Trophylite #6013
Dunarri
wildpowersports.com
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Web