TrophyLite Spec Off-Road
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 06:23:53 AM
News: 2019 Rage at the River
Race 4 of the Regional Series
December 13-15

Poll

Question: For TrophyLites, How important is the starting order for a long distance race like V2R?  (Voting closed: August 06, 2019, 08:01:14 AM)

• Very Important - A bad draw could cost you a podium/win
    - 0 (0%)
    Semi Important - Race is pretty long and a lot of stuff can happen
    - 1 (100%)
    Not at All - The class is so close any draw position can podium/win
    - 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starting Order  (Read 697 times)

Group: Administrator

Triathlons & TrophyLites
V2R draw is tomorrow - Share your thoughts.

Triathlons & TrophyLites
Dang. Ok so one of you chimed in but this thread has more than 70 views. So ultimately in TL, at V2R, it doesn't really matter where you draw because of the distance?

So then what other factors in the first 20 miles could affect your race if starting position isn't really a factor.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:25:13 PM by Gene Addison »

Hey Gene the problem I have is adrenaline! Set a good solid pace but don't do anything stupid. Like the "King", Todd Jackson used to say, "let the race come to you".

Triathlons & TrophyLites
Hey Gene the problem I have is adrenaline! Set a good solid pace but don't do anything stupid. Like the "King", Todd Jackson used to say, "let the race come to you".

Larry, so you get all pumped up! That's awesome. I was looking at some numbers yesterday and it was extremely rare that anyone starting in the top 3 would finish on the podium at V2R.

From an adrenaline stand point, maybe it's better to start mid pack or toward the back in order to feel like you can chase vs. be chased.

You missed you calling Gene. You should have been a desert race psychologist! Job security for sure! :o

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Web